Friday, November 13, 2009

Highlights

No, not my hair highlights. My highlights of the week.

First, above all else, I am still thanking Jesus for the miraculously successful results of Stellan's (the baby we pray for) surgery. He is just a miracle baby.

Funny kid moment: Claire and I were working on Math this morning. I showed her I had 7 marshmallows in one bowl. I had a second bowl with a certain amount but they were covered with a paper towel where she couldn't see. I told her I had 15 all together. So I asked, "How can we figure out how many are in the covered bowl?" She looks at me like I am really missing the boat, and says, "We just lift the paper towel and look!" That's my girl...who needs Math! Bring on the marshmallows.

All three kids got both types of flu shots. Yes, that is a highlight. The chances of our home getting the flu has been greatly reduced. And, bonus, Larry was able to go along and hold Sam in a bear hug so that the grizzly bear of a male nurse didn't have to be called in from down the hall. Again.

I didn't have to have a face-off with a couple of Electronics Express dudes concerning a return. I was ready. And I had someone waiting to post bail if the need arose.

I have officially lost 7 pounds. Only 20 more to go. Sigh.

There are more, but that's the top 5, and I'm missing "The Office" so enough about me.

No comments: