Friday, April 17, 2009

Did You Know....

That there is a baseball league for 3 and 4 year old boys? Well, there is. And if you are looking for some cheap fun (it cost a $1 to get in..) you should really go check this out. The kids and I went to my nephews' ballgame last night, and it was so cute and fun...for the adults that is. I'm not so sure the kids were having much fun or were even quite sure why they were there. God bless those coaches, one of whom is my brother-in-law. When we got there Presttyn was in the dugout, so I went over to say hi. He is totally into the game. The conversation went like this: "Jennifer, I can snap, see?!" I said, "Yeah, cool, are you playing ball?" He said, "Take my picture!" Then he proceeded to make lots of faces through the fence. A few minutes later he was playing 1st base, and socializing with the opposing team members that happened to make it on base. It was highly reminiscent of watching his mom play ball several years ago. Dylan was on 3rd base, so I couldn't get a good shot of him, but I focused on Presttyn and got a great shot of him with his mitt over his face. He was SO into the action. A moment later he is hollering from his position on the field, "Daddy?? Daddy! I WUV you!"

So, the game goes like this...a kid hits the ball, 5 kids tackle the ball, as they fight over it the kid that hit the ball runs past them and scores. It was totally hysterical and adorable. We will be going back! When my sisters were little and playing ball my dad wrote a great story about their adventures. It pretty much sums up the experience. I may have to find it and post it here. Oh, the story he could write if he could see his grandsons play!

Presttyn showing me his ball skills, um, I mean snapping abilities.

The mitt over the face shot

Dylan didn't want me to take his picture, so I had to settle for him socializing with my kids. Oh yeah, the game is still going on at this point in case you were wondering.

No comments: